How did the simple act of getting together
with my mates become so arduous? Our contrasting schedules and lifestyles have somewhat
managed to develop a profound division between us. With that said, I had miraculously
managed to catch up with two different circles of friends over delectable
dinners in the past week. I believe it is impossible to express how ecstatic I
was to be around those familiar faces again. We reminisced about our past,
caught up from A to Z and laughed about things that other people wouldn’t even
understand. Amidst one of our many talks, we had come to realize how bland our
current lives are. We realized that we’ve become (gulp) boring and old. So a
particular friend and I had vowed that we would try harder in making the most
of our youth while it still lasts. Let’s hope this resolution won’t be amongst
the other forgotten and ignored ones.
I remember expressing my excitement of the
commencement of my classes in my previous post. However, after being aware of
the subjects that I have for this semester – Human Resources Management,
Applied Research & Communication Skills and Textiles – my level of excitement
has decreased by 60%. And so I thought to myself, Textiles should be really
interesting. I became further intrigued on the subject as we were told that we
would have a new and experienced lecturer teaching us. Until the mentioned Japanese
lecturer said, “I have to be honest with you, I’m not familiar with the subject
and I’m actually learning with you as I’m teaching you.” Those might not be her
exact words but you get the gist. Our first Textiles class was frustrating to
say the least. Therefore, my classmates and I had applied to drop the subject
for this semester and take another. Instead of Textiles, we would be learning
History of Fashion which will be taught by a gorgeous Russian lecturer who dons
a bleached pixie haircut.
I had another marvellous weekend which was of
course spent with my beau. Movie night – one of mythical Gods and another of an
outcast chap, plus an evening rendezvous in the city. I love how spontaneous we are when it comes to spending our days
together. No, scratch that, I love how spontaneous he is. Our evening in the
city felt like Singapore all over again – walking in an unfamiliar territory,
overpriced food and hookah, unexpected gifts.. We too got to indulge at our favorite
milkshake parlour which was the icing on the cake for my already splendid day.
Oh, and I got my new car and it is in my favorite color! Can't wait to take it on a long cruise with music that is able to take me to places that my car can't on high volume.
Oh, and I got my new car and it is in my favorite color! Can't wait to take it on a long cruise with music that is able to take me to places that my car can't on high volume.
Thank you! x
ReplyDelete