I am relieved that 2012 finally came to an end. It was an atrocious year to say the least – a year which eradicated me emotionally, physically and spiritually. And somewhere within that year, I lost myself and became this soulless character. However, the year 2012 did teach me a lot of things especially regarding trust. Trust no one but yourself. Why? Because the ones who I thought cared the most ended up being the ones to destroy me. After many naïve years of wanting to please everyone, I realized that sacrificing my own happiness for people who only ever prioritized themselves is really not worth it. I refuse to be that person again as my tendencies to put others ahead of me often gets taken for granted and in the end it is me who suffers.
Upon the arrival of this new year, I want nothing more but to bury the myriad of formidable memories and to take control of my own happiness. In regards to that, I have come up with a list of resolutions that may assist me in finding myself again.
2013 Resolution
1. Learn more about my religion, be closer to God and become a better Muslim.
2. Cleanse my body, soul and mind from all negative auras.
3. Be more productive, more creative and think outside of the box.
4. Constantly surround myself with things and/or people I love.
5. Improve my longboarding skills and master a manifold of tricks.
Out with the negative, in with the positive. I hope and pray for a pleasant year.
No comments:
Post a Comment