Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Pak Cik Mikabear


My son is just a month shy from turning two, and he's in the midst of mastering the art of conversing with others. What I can say is that, boy.. is he a talker. He rambles, and he yaps, and he blabbers. It's honestly the cutest thing ever (it can be a little migraine-inducing at times) - he's like a little pak cik, I always say. He says a new word everyday, and I get caught off guard every single time. It's like one day he only knows five words, and the next thing you know he can form proper sentences. 

Now that he's in the talking phase, we really have to be careful of what comes out of our mouths, and choose our words wisely. Mikabear loves to repeat the things we say as though he's registering the words into his brain. He has recently started calling my husband Dabs (sometimes daddy Dabs), a name I gave my husband long before our son came along. We couldn't believe our ears when he first did it. Of course what followed were fits of incontrollable laughter. 

So anyways, my son was asking for a bottle of milk earlier today, and I was trying to teach him how to say it in an actual sentence instead of just saying "Drink milk."

Here's how our short lesson went:-

Mikabear: Mommy, drink milk.
Me: Okay, what do you say when you want to drink milk?
Mikabear: Mommy, Qald want.
Me: Qaleed want to...
Mikabear: Qald want to three four five! /runsofflaughing

.....

We obviously need to work more on that.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah that cracked me up! Also, heard this from my aunt that she takes extra caution not just in the words that come out from her mouth, but also the words used in cartoons. She always tries to monitor the content her children are exposed to on TV, YouTube, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe kids and their cheekiness right? Oh yes, that's very important too! I realised that my son picked up tons of things by simply watching TV, and videos on Youtube. I also have to make sure that my brothers don't swear too much in front of my kid!

      Delete